It all started when...
The law firm of Hanna & Hanna was founded in 1971 by Martin L. Hanna and his three sons, M. Shad Hanna, Harold (Hal) M. Hanna and Drew A. Hanna. Prior to his sons following him into the practice of law and forming the firm as it is now known, Martin partnered in predecessor firms with a series of other attorneys whose practices could be traced back to 1892.
The foundation of the current firm was laid with the foundation of the Hanna Law Building on North Main in Bowling Green, Ohio. From this office, Hanna & Hanna has provided legal services to its clients for nearly 50 years, becoming a cornerstone of the legal community in Wood County as well as the surrounding counties throughout Northwest Ohio.
Martin’s esteemed reputation as a client advocate grew in large part from his long career representing landowners whose properties were being appropriated for the Ohio, Indiana and Illinois turnpikes and interstate highways. For over sixty years, Hanna & Hanna has continued to represent property owners in eminent domain proceedings, including the more recent boom in pipeline development.
Alongside eminent domain defense, Martin and his sons—Shad, Hal and Drew—developed broad and diverse practices, each with their own areas of particular expertise. Today, Drew works to continue the legacy of vigorous advocacy, legal expertise, professional collegiality, and careful attention to clients’ needs for which Hanna & Hanna has come to be known.